You are viewing the site in preview mode

Skip to main content

Advertisement

Table 2 Age distribution and risk categories

From: The influenza pandemic preparedness planning tool InfluSim

  children working adults elderly
  0–5 6–12 13–19 20–39 40–59 60 +
Population size N a 5,272 6,773 7,952 25,959 29,127 24,917
  1. A population of N = 100,000 inhabitants of Germany is subdivided according to age a and risk category r. We assume that all age groups are fully susceptible at begin of the outbreak. A fraction of F a = 6% of all children (age < 20 years) are regarded as being under high risk (r = r 1) after an influenza infection whereby the remaining 94% are under low risk (r = r 2). The high risk fractions of working adults (ages 20–59) and elderly (ages 60+) are F a = 14% and F a = 47%, respectively. Source: [9]