- Open Access
Erratum to: Detection of Chlamydia in the peripheral blood cells of normal donors using in vitro culture, immunofluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry techniques
© Cirino et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2006
- Received: 13 November 2006
- Accepted: 16 November 2006
- Published: 16 November 2006
The original article was published in BMC Infectious Diseases 2006 6:23
Upon close examination of the representative image depicted in 'figure 2' from  and a figure published elsewhere , we realized that the 'figure 2' of this work was a lower magnification of a section of the same microscope slide used in the previous manuscript . The experiments leading to the data for these two manuscripts were generated during the same time period, in the same laboratory and were compiled, annotated and stored in the same folder, since pictures are taken in bulk at our microscopy facility on a fee for service basis. The figures both describe tissue culture of Chlamydia from clinical samples on the same tissue culture substrate (J774A.1 cells) and were in a single data base of figures with different alpha numeric designations.
We believe that sometime during the compilation and annotation process, the representative 'figure 2' previously shown in this work was incorrectly labeled. After careful scrutiny, we have determined that the image was in fact taken from a culture coverslip that was infected with lysates from pediatric bronchial lavage samples and not normal blood donor buffy coat (BC) samples. The original published figure was a 600× immunofluorescence image , part of which can be seen in the lower magnification image (400×) in this work.
- Cirino F, Webley WC, West C, Croteau NL, Andrzejewski C, Stuart ES: Detection of Chlamydia in the peripheral blood cells of normal donors using in vitro culture, immunofluorescence microscopy and Flow Cytometry techniques. BMC Infect Dis. 2006, 6: 23-10.1186/1471-2334-6-23.View ArticlePubMedPubMed CentralGoogle Scholar
- Webley WC, Salva PS, Andrzejewski C, Cirino F, West CA, Tilahun Y, Stuart ES: The bronchial lavage of pediatric patients with asthma contains infectious Chlamydia. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2005, 171 (10): 1083-1088. 10.1164/rccm.200407-917OC.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- The pre-publication history for this paper can be accessed here:http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2334/6/165/prepub
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.